Executive directors must accomplish a lot of daily tasks, while also dealing with unforeseen emergencies. No matter how well you plan your week, something urgent always crops up. Making the job frenetic. As an executive director, in any one day you:
- Manage operations
- Satisfy funders and donors
- Inform and inspire board, sta, and volunteers
- Listen to clients
- Communicate mission and accomplishments to the public
- Assess community needs
- Collaborate with community agencies
- Raise money
- Review (and worry) about finances
- Keep the agency afloat
- Grow the agency
- Manage facilities
- Solve technology problems
- Study and implement proper human resource regulations and policies
- Clean the oce (as needed)
- Additional responsibilities as required
- Must understand and empathize with a variety of stakeholders
- Must shift priorities depending on who needs what and when
- Must creatively solve complex problems
- Must accomplish plans and objectives while dealing with emergencies
Giving Back to Executive Directors
I give back precisely because you work so hard. I’ve been there. I know how you are pressed to perform. I know what the long hours are like. I know the sacrifices you make in your family life. When I was an executive director, I deserved a financial break. I deserved staff and community support. I deserved quality time away from the office.
I wish I had a ready tool that could help me save time and maximize resources. But I didn’t.
So, I created one.
The Sustainable High ROI Fundraising System is written for executive directors who want to raise more money to advance their nonprofit’s missions.
By applying the system outlined in this book, you will:
- Acquire a solid foundation to build a highly successful fundraising program, shifting your fundraising focus from raising money to raising money and advancing the mission.
- Discover how to assess your nonprofit’s fundraising strengths and weaknesses, empower and enthuse your board to fundraise, mobilize your staff for success in their fundraising endeavors, and excite your community to eagerly support your mission so that you enjoy continuous net surpluses.
- Learn how to create a robust fundraising organizational culture that stimulates your board, staff, and community to become consistent mission ambassadors for your nonprofit.
- See how to implement a fundraising system that raises more money at less cost, increasing your fundraising return on investment.
- Be confident you will raise the money you need to grow your agency and advance its mission.
You deserve a financial break. You deserve staff and community support. You deserve quality time away from the office. By applying the strategies outlined in this book, you will achieve more net income to grow your agency and advance its mission with less effort than you realize. And that’s the goal, isn’t it? To efficiently and effectively facilitate life-changing experiences that make the world better.