In this book I share the lessons I have learned over the years and the strategies that have worked for me
This book approaches fund development from a new perspective. It introduces an innovative paradigm to use in designing your development plan, as opposed to a more traditional approach. Raising money is about forming partnerships: partnerships with people and groups of people who can add to your organization’s bottom line.
Partnerships help your organization further its impact. Partners can be not only collaborators, but also staff, board members, volunteers, donors, and vendors. Together, everyone achieves more. Putting the transformative partnership paradigm into practice will lay a strong foundation for sustainable funding long into the future.
Through reading this book you will:
- broaden your base of partners by understanding and meeting both your needs and theirs
- sharpen your communication and relationship-building skills
- explore the role of values and how connecting on the basis of values improves the strength of your partnerships
- understand different types of revenue streams and the tools needed to accept and receipt them
- examine the larger partnership context and how to influence the larger environment
- consider financial and profit decision-making factors
- be able to strike the deal
- know how maintain partnerships once they are formed
If you and your organization embrace the following concepts, your agency will be able to raise lots of money and build a solid future, too.